2.02.2010

Shows I will see this year

This is the only show on the menu for sure this year. . . and I can't wait--April 22nd at 8pm to be exact--Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hayes in Promises, Promises.
Its based on Billy Wilder's absolutely-perfect-in-nearly-every-way film "The Apartment," and it features one of my all-time favorite musical numbers, "Turkey Lurkey Time" (which as been posted on this site too many times to count.)

So, instead of giving you the same ol' again, I'll put up the actual "hits" from the show.
Enjoy!
(P.S. Jerry Orbach and Jill O'Hara will always be the amazing voices I think of when I think of this show.)






Oh man, I just watched this one and it brought tears to my eyes. Seriously, Jill O'Hara (could do without Tony Roberts, though!)


Oh I just realized I've never posted the 1968 Tony Award performance of Turkey Lurkey Time featuring the abso-fucking-tasti-mazing Donna McKechnie (aka, one of Broadway's greatest dancers). So you don't get away without a little more turkey:

No comments: