7.03.2006

30 Books

Go, Dog. Go! - P.D. Eastman
Frog and Toad are Friends - Arnold Lobel
The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
The Velveteen Rabbit - Margery Williams
The Little Prince - Antione de Saint-Exupery
Ben and Me - Robert Lawson
A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle
Prince Caspian - C.S. Lewis
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
1984 - George Orwell
Fellowship of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien
As I Lay Dying - William Faulkner
A Light in August - William Faulkner
The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner
The Complete Stories - Flannery O'Connor
What We Talk About When We Talk About Love: Stories - Raymond Chandler
Queer - William Burroughs
The Wild Boys - William Burroughs
Junkie - William Burroughs
Frisk - Dennis Cooper
Blood and Guts in High School - Kathy Acker
Dangerous Angels: The Weetzie Bat Books - Francesca Lia Block
Steppenwolf - Herman Hesse
A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch - Alexander Solzhenitsyn
The White Book - Jean Cocteau
Mysterious Skin - Scott Heim
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World - Haruki Murakami
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami
Number 9 Dream - David Mitchell
The Magus - John Fowles

4 comments:

Earl Cootie said...

Great list! I like that you have a lot of "children's" books. Did you read Dennis Cooper's Try? Yikes. I read that over ten years ago, and it still skeeves me out when I think about it.

jeremy said...

I did read Try. Cooper's a freak. He's such a shock-jock and showoff, that's why I kinda love him.

Anonymous said...

Ahh. You have a few of my favorites here -- mostly the YA fantasy and sci-fi stuff.

Other than my HS history teacher who recommended it, you're the *first* person I've run across to have read Fowles' Magus. What a great book! And which makes me all excited and nostalgic, as I'm about to be in Greece again at the end of the month.

A friend of mine has been persuading me to read Murakami and the bloke that penned Cloud Atlas. (It's not listed on your "30 Books" entry, I believe, but its cover is shown on the left panel)

Erik

Valentines Day Sms said...

what i say about the wonderful site of this one. i like it all articles and my all friends like it very much with great intrust.thanks for the sharing.