11.03.2006

Too long in Ballard

I live mere blocks from the Nordic Heritage Museum.
In fact, I've lived in the Scandanavian neighborhood of Seattle for the enitre six years I've lived here. I used to live close to a lutefisk store. No, for real.
I think all this time in Ballard has been affecting my musical proclivities.
Witness:
The Knife - Silent Shout - Sweden
The Concretes - In Colour - Sweden
Jenny Wilson - Love and Youth - Sweden
Peter, Bjorn, and John - Writer's Block - Sweden
Trentemoller - The Last Resort - Denmark
And there's more, too. Like all that house-y shit I listen to. You know, the Dahlbacks and stuff.

At least I'm not watching The Seventh Seal or something.

Oh, and congrats to Jenny Wilson for giving birth to a little boy!!
While I'm at it, check out the latest The Knife video:


Oh, and here's a link to their live show--a DVD from their latest tour should be out sometime in the not too distant future (Nov. 8th foreign release). Check out this clip from it [takes forever to load].

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If listening to music like PB&J is the price one pays for living in Ballard, I think I'll stay for a while.