8.17.2005

Boy Bus, pt. 2


As you may recall, I have a tendency to hit on guys on the bus. Today was no exception. I saw this hot piece of man-meat walking down the aisle and I willed him into the seat next to me. He noticed I was reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay and told me it was one of his favorite books. I smiled coyly and asked him what he did for a living. An engineer. H. O. T. His scruffy look and amiable demeanor reminded me of my college roommate, Nathan. We laughed and joked and, in my percieval, bonded. I boldly asked for his phone number and was brutally rebuffed with a, "I don't think my girlfriend Risa would like that."
[Ed. note: The author of the piece assures me that he knows "percieval" is not a word. Also, this story is based on actual events. In certain cases incidents, characters and timelines have been changed for dramatic purposes. Certain characters may be composites, or entirely fictitious.]

What else has been going on, you ask? Well, in case you weren't aware, I have an affinity for video games. Lately, I've been poking around Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within. It is a really great game and I need to review it for Copacetic because all my other game reviews are luke-warm or ice cold. For that matter, I should review the superior Ninja Gaiden. Anyway, if you haven't read my review for Fable, then you don't know that some games put the "gay" back in "gamer." Thanks to Andy Towle over at Towleroad, I was directed to this article on the gayest video game characters. First of all, I would like to point out that the character I created in Fable is easily, the gayest mofo ever to shake his pixelated ass on a TV screen. My man has a dude in every port and nary a scrap of clothing. He's just a glowstick away from the White Party. But that's me projecting my own crazy fetishes onto something that programmers created. How about a game in which the programmers projected all of their crazy fetishes? For your edification, I present Cho Aniki: Great Brother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Wednesday morning bus ride. You failed to mention our discussion about the magic you have performed on our fellow Texan Beyonce's backside. Other than that, your account of the events of August 17th are accurate in my eyes.

Speaking of Risa, you should call her and say, "I hear you're hittin' the dance floor Friday night; I'll see you there!"

jeremy said...

nice link to the okkervill river site. and did i hear that ryan adams was too wasted and cancelled his show?

Anonymous said...

I don't know why he wasn't there. Maybe in the tour bus crying his eyes out on the chests of north carolina gals?

I'm glad you approve of the link. They are going to be at the crocodile cafe at the end of october but I'm sure someone like you, with your ears always to street, already knows that.