8.29.2005

Trailer? I don't even know 'er


Just thought I'd do a post of the films to which I am looking forward that will be coming out sometime soon.

Jesus is Magic (11/11/05)- See previous post.
Brokeback Mountain (12/09/05)- You knew this was going to be on the list, right?
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (12/09/05)- I loved these books as a child, and even the animated versions weren't so bad. I think this version looks great, even if scary ol' Disney is behind it. (Plus, Tilda Swinton as the White Witch.)
The Corpse Bride (9/16/05)- I'm not a really big Nightmare Before Christmas fan, but stop-animation is wikkid, hella cool.
Thumbsucker (9/16/05)- The book sucks. It sucks more than thumbs. I met Walter Kirn and he and his type drive me bonkers with their rugged Montana snobbery and married-to-Lois-Lane's-daughter haughtines. Mike Mills directs and it stars Tilda Swinton whom I adore. [Check out the Mike Mills link for some nifty videos.]
Serenity (9/30/05) - Uh. Yeah. You know I'm gonna see it. For everything that Kirn lacks in character development and plot, Whedon busts out in spades. I just had to poop on Kirn again--especially since he's been Andrew Sullivan's guest writer. Walter Kirn sucks (thumbs).
Rent (11/11/05)- I was all reluctant for this to be translated to film--especially when the rumor mill placed Beyonce and Justin Timberlake on the cast list. Thankfully, neither are in the film and nearly all the original cast reprise their roles (Daphne Rubin-Vega replaced by Rosario Dawson). Unfortunately, Chris Columbus directs--ouch!
A Scanner Darkly (March '06)- I loves me some Philip K. Dick. First off, check out his last name--hot! Secondly, he began to lose his mind--cool! And finally, he wrote some kick ass cyberpunk shit--nerds of the world unite! Add to that the amazing animation utilized in Waking Life, Keanu and Winona, and I think we've got a winner!!

Everything is Illuminated (9/16/05) - Um. I sort of have a thing for Elijah Wood. I know, its gross, but I can't help it. I think maybe it happened when his lifeless body slid down an icy street after being electrocuted in The Ice Storm. Liev Schrieber directs (!?!?). The book was pretty good--and you can read that as "way better than anything Walter Kirn ever put on paper."
Hellbent (9/16/05)- Gay horror movie. 'Nuff said.


Did I miss anything? What movies are you guys looking forward to? And what's up w/ all the movies coming out on Sept. 16?

No comments: