7.11.2005

29 Ain't so bad

I don't think I could have asked for a better weekend. I saw (nearly) everyone I know in this little berg, and went to a handful of really good events.
Great dinner at
Thaiku on Friday.
Then caught the next to last day of the
Doug Aitken exhibit at the Henry. So gald I went. I gained a new understanding of the piece. The four films are set up essentially the same, but I don't think I even realized that there were four films on the first viewing (at the exhibit's opening when it was totally crowded). There are only three playing at any one time and its sort of like the one that is not showing is making its statement more in its absence--especially during the rhythmic sequences. Also, there's a new Trimpin exhibit that's up, which is pretty cool.
Then
Mike and Janice had called to remind me of a Tullycraft show at the Sunset. Super great fun, plus the kids from Bunnygrunt were up, as well (they did a great ELO cover).
Then came the pinnacle of the day.
DJ Heather was in town at Trinity brought by the cool kids from Uniting Souls. She spun a set of great house choons that kept everyone glued to the dancefloor. We were all a sticky mess when we left. I've really needed a good night out dancing--and I can't think of a better DJ to provide the music. If you like house music, definitely check out her Fabric CD. Its a schooling as only Heather can do!!
I was surprisingly alert on Sunday (for how drunk I was on Saturday) and went to
Sylvia O'Stayformore's monthly brunch. Great people, great food, and the craziest watermelon mojito!!
And, finally, more imbibition at
Hattie's Hat with two of my favorite girls.
If I can maintain this level of drunkenness throughout the year, I won't even care when I turn 30.
Roll call:
Risa, Keith, Geoff, Mike, Janice, Chris, Sean, Chris, Roshan, Jeff, Cori, Matt, Bill, Rachel, Paul, Matty, Tom, Sean D., Jon, Jenna, James, Vincent, Bern, Dontay, Dominique, Sylvia, Maggie, and Kelley--and anyone else I forgot!!
Thanks for making the tail end of my birth-week amazing!!!

No comments: