7.08.2005

If I knew more people . . .

I would tell them to go see Me and You and Everyone We Know. I'm sure that a review will be popping up on Copacetic any day now, but while we're waiting for that, I thought I'd tell you to go see it this weekend. It's playing at the Uptown. You might find it a little pretentious, the way it gives context to contemporary multimedia art, but I think its pretty sincere. All the actors do a great job, there's some really great images, and the score is beautiful--I'd say on par with Jon Brion's work for Punch Drunk Love (but not quite as good as his stuff for I Heart Huckabees). Plus, there's tons of poop talk--and we all know how much I like it when people talk about poop!!
Or, if you want to see something a little darker, might I recommend
Myterious Skin. I've been working on a review for Copacetic since I saw it at SIFF, but I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it. There's so much I want to say that I always seem to stray off topic. I need to see it again. It's playing at the Harvard Exit. There's no direct fecalphilia, but Bill Sage (Simple Men, Trust) does a great turn as little league coach who likes being fisted.
Update: Mysterious Skin has left town. Hope you got to catch it while it was here!

No comments: