11.09.2005

I'm all out of faith. This is how I feel.


Do you know what makes me sick? No, not the fact that Proposition 2 passed in Texas and, as a result, gay marriage is not an option there. No, not the fact that Initiative 901 passed and, as a result, smoking in public areas in Seattle is not allowed. What makes me sick is that voter turnout, while higher than projected in some areas, is still, on average, around 30%.
Why does that make me sick? Well, because we are fighting a war. We are killing people and people are killing us so that we might sow the seeds of democracy, but we can't even make it to the fucking polls.
Have you met my daughter Apathy?
I am sad about Proposition 2. Even though my near-evangelical mother voted against it, her vote was outnumbered. Does anyone know if there was any sort of grass roots movement in the larger Texas towns to get the gays to the polls? For example, a van stopping by the gay watering holes and taking people to vote. Anything? Please let me know what you find out.
As for Initiative 901 here in Seattle, I am actually quite happy that it passed. I have attempted quitting the evil cancer sticks three times. Obviously, it never stuck. One of the reasons why is because I go to a bar, have a few and next thing I know, I'm smoking. The only part that makes me sad about it is now I won't be able to burn idiots on the dancefloor.
I am sad about Proposition 1, though. We have voted on a the damn monorail 4 times and now, after paying for it for 3 years, we decide not to build it. What a joke. Does anyone know if we, the citizens of Seattle, can file a Class Action suit against the city demanding our car tab tax back?
And for more political shit--
Check out future president of the US, Barack Obama on The Daily Show last night.
If you want a more serious side of him, check out this link to his appearance on This Week.
Seriously, I think Barack is the O-bomb-a. I hope he runs for pres.
And now, not-so political shit.
Did you guys check out the pictures of Jake's ass? Some people say there's an ass-double. I say no. [via Towleroad]
ANTM tonight. Who's gonna get booted? My vote is on Kim.
Uh. What else. Joss on Veronica Mars (but I've already mentioned that like a million times).
Styrofoam tonight @ Chop Suey w/ Alias.
I'm sure I had more, but I don't remember now.
K just sent me this video. So I thought I'd share. Funny shit.

1 comment:

jeremy said...

i love it when anyone says penis.