10.21.2005

Bareback Mountin'


I know, I talk about it too much, but I'm hoping that like Trent over at Pink is the New Blog, and Andy over at Towleroad, some generous soul will give me a screening of Jake and Heath (penis picture) making out in cowboy gear. So here's what some Sydney paper had to say about Brokeback Mountain:

Every once in a while a film comes along that changes perceptions so much
that cinema history thereafter has to arrange itself around it. Think of
Thelma
and Louise
or Chungking Express, Blow-Up or Orlando - all big films that taught us to look and think and swagger differently. Brokeback Mountain is just such a film. Even for audiences educated by a decade of the New Queer Cinema phenomenon - from Mala Noche and Poison to High Art and Boys Don't Cry - it's a profound shift in scope and tenor.

Just makes me want to see it more, but I think this dude plays up its importance a little too much. There was a rumor that it was going to play at the Lesbian and Gay Filmfest. Why do I highly doubt it?
The other shows are: The War at Home, The Family Guy, American Dad, The O.C., C.S.I., Desperate Housewives, Two and a Half Men, That 70's Show, and Cold Case.
Wow, such a dearth of good TV these days. The only good one on that list is AD.

No comments: